Fuel pump relay

YOLLUP
  • CHEVROLET TRUCK
1995 chevy 1/2 ton. There is battery power to the relay. Put key to run the fuel pump does not turn on. Checked relay, it is good. There is no power to the wire at relay when key is in run.A jumper wire to the pump turns pump on but truck still will not start.
Saturday, October 27th, 2007 AT 11:41 AM

The computer energizes the fuel pump relay by grounding one side of the coil in the relay.

You need to check the fuel pressure, don't let the pump fool you because its coming On-it might be inadequate pressure.

Also look below this how your fuel system is wired

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_11.gif

www. .com
+1
Saturday, October 27th, 2007 AT 2:27 PM
YOLLUP
95 chevy 1/2 ton. With a jumper wire in the relay I checked fuel pressure there is lots. There is no 12volt signal coming when the key is in the crank or run position at the relay to energize the relay. It does have battery power at relay. It also seems like there is no signal going to the injectors either. There is no fuel coming out when cranked.
Saturday, October 27th, 2007 AT 6:57 PM
Since you know how to jumper a relay find me some spark at the pug wire and report back your findings. Don't have sparky we are not gonna have injector/s pulses. That's Y she's not starting No fuel in the combustion chamber.
Saturday, October 27th, 2007 AT 10:11 PM
YOLLUP
I checked ignition and there was no spark.I checked fuse panel under the hood on fender well and found that ecm-1 fuse had no power.I supplyed power to it, truck started and my dash warning lights where working. Where should I start looking for the open circuit.
Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 AT 8:44 AM
Found that ecm-1 fuse had no power.I supplyed power to it

The power to the ECM-1 fuse comes from the ignition switch. The only time it has power is when key is at On or Start position.
Saturday, November 3rd, 2007 AT 2:36 PM
YOLLUP
Thanks I found the problem. The contact in the key switch was burnt.
+1
Monday, November 12th, 2007 AT 9:53 PM