88 CHEVY BERETTA -- CRANKS BUT DOESNT START UP

1988 Chevrolet Truck

xhazex21

February, 27, 2007 AT 3:02 AM

88 Chevy Beretta. Car ran w/out problems untill now. Once I drove it in the rainy weather, later that day I tried to start the car and car started immediatly but the engine was shaking badly.. I have no clue why... When I tried to start it up againg it just cranks but wont start anymore...?/ Did the coils, starter, or maybe spark plug cables get wet? I just wonder what could be the problem... ???? The fuel filter and pump are new,fuel injector and spark plugs are new as well.. I replaced the ignition coils too, and still the same problem..????PLEASE HELP

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61404_2_berettas_3.jpg

lytn_j

February, 27, 2007 AT 9:38 AM

Are there any trouble-codes? I didn't see an engine size. I don't care what parts you replaced, you still need to do the basic tests.

If the vehicle cranks good but won't start, have a helper crank the engine while you check for spark at the plugs. If you have good spark, check fuel pressure. Do the injector/s pulse when you crank the engine?

Do you have cranking vacuum?

xhazex21

February, 27, 2007 AT 11:49 PM

Thaanks, I got it fixed, I had bad spark (1st and 4th)

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right