CHEVY SILVERADO HEATER CORE HOSE REMOVAL

2002 Chevrolet Truck

Happy Camper

February, 27, 2007 AT 8:39 PM

For a Chevy 2002 Silverado, 57000 miles, 5.3L

I am trying to remove the heater core hoses at the firewall. There are 2 different style hose clamps. The one on the right is a standard metal "squeeze clamp". The one on the left is some kind of plastic ring that I am not familiar with. It is round, black plastic, about 5/8" long, and has 2 holes in the side at 180 degrees apart from eachother. The hose can be rotated around on the heater core tube. I tried turning it, twisting it and pulling it straight out. My question is - How do I remove that hose connection? Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/61553_Heater_Core_hose_005_1.jpg

CHEVYII

February, 27, 2007 AT 10:21 PM

Try squeezing it at the very end of the plastic and puling back at the same time,

thanks, jim

oh and if you are happy with the info please leave some feedback we all donate out time here helping people for free

Happy Camper

March, 3, 2007 AT 12:08 PM

I tried your advice but it did not work. I ended up having to cut the hose clamp off with a hacksw blade. Once it was off and I looked at it, it was obviously something that was never intended to be removed without destruction of the clamp. I will definetely be replacing it with the trusty metal squeeze type clamp.

Thanks for the quick response to my question the other day.

Have a great weekend.

CHEVYII

March, 3, 2007 AT 12:43 PM

No problem, good luck

jim

Replace Heater Core
Heater Hose Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue