2000 Chevy S-10 Heater Fuse

FREDNJESS
  • 2000 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I've got a 2000 Chevy S10 regular cab 4 cylinder with 55000 miles. This morning, 4 degrees, the heater controls stopped working completely. Any selection on any of the three controls does nothing. I checked the interior fuse box and the HVAC fuse is fine. I then checked the engine bay fuse box and the HVAC 30A fuse was cooked. I replaced it with one of the spare 30A fuses. I fired up the truck with all switches off and turned it to floor heat, fan level 1 and got nothing. Everything on the HVAC control panel does nothing. I have not gone any further. Any advice or direction would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Monday, January 15th, 2007 AT 2:57 PM

SERVICE WRITER
Your blower isn't working?
No volume of air?
Correct?
+1
Monday, January 15th, 2007 AT 7:06 PM
FREDNJESS
Correct, no air is moving. Moving any of the three heater switches does absolutely nothing.
Monday, January 15th, 2007 AT 7:51 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Sometimes the switch is bad, sometimes the resistor, but usually high will work, blower motor is most common for many. Sometimes you can rap on the motor housing while the switch is on and trigger it to work temporaily. You need to get to the connector of the motor and test it with a test light to see if it is getting power. If it is, you need a motor, if it isn't go one step back into the circuit.
Monday, January 15th, 2007 AT 8:15 PM
FREDNJESS
I checked the truck this morning and yesterdays 30A HVAC had cooked just like th original offender. I have the dash apart along with the underdash skirts. I can access the back of the heating system controls and I've located the fan housing (black, round, and about 6 inches tall). How do I get the fan housing open (there's not much room in there) and where are the wires to the fan motor? I've looked from both sides and can't see where they are. Thanks
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 AT 3:26 PM
SERVICE WRITER
It should plug in through the outside, that is from the negine compartment. Before you cut into the case, you can check for power there. I sent you views of what I have.
Tuesday, January 16th, 2007 AT 6:12 PM