Clutch Troubles

CF307
  • 1995 CHEVROLET TRUCK
I have a '95 Chevy C1500 Pickup. It began to get hard to get into low and reverse gear, made a grinding noise. Found wear at the clutch pedal likage to master cylinder, so I replaced both master and slave cylinder. Problem got substanially worse so I removed clutch and found wore out clutch fork and piviot ball. Replaced clutch assy, fork, and piviot ball. Put all back together and still grinds. Only getting 5/8" travel at clutch slave cylinder. GM spec is at minium an inch of travel.

I have tried to bench bleed the master and slave cylinder, bleed by pumping pedal and opening bleeder screw, removing actuator from transmission and compressing the actuator to force air up through master cylinder, but cannot get any more than 5/8 stroke. The pedal does not have a normal feel as well. Is there some special/better way to bleed the system?
Sunday, October 11th, 2009 AT 10:00 AM

RACEFAN966
Well it sounds like you may have a bad master. So I would call the parts store where you purchased it and make sure they have a replacement and have them warranty it. Now when you bench bleed it you can't push the rod to bottom out the master as this will cut the cup inside and ruen it. Then put it on the truck and bleed it as normal. Let me know how it goes.
-1
Tuesday, October 13th, 2009 AT 10:06 AM
C1971
  • 1994 CHEVROLET TRUCK
1994 Chevy Truck Two Wheel Drive Manual

The clutch master cylinder on my truck has broken twice. Both units were new from Advance Auto. When you would depress the pedal the clutch would not engage or disengage till almost at floor. Both times when these cylinders would crack the pedal was very stiff and then followed by a pop and the pedal goes to the floor very easy and fluid sprays and drips from the crack in the body of the master cylinder. The slave cylider is also new. The reason for replacing these parts to begin with was a stiffer than usual pedal. Please let me know what you think. Thank you
Monday, May 1st, 2017 AT 1:57 PM (Merged)
MASTERTECHTIM
I suspect your problem lies inside the transmission like a frozen throw out bearing on the input shaft. I think its time for a new clutch
-1
JACKSONSPARTS
  • 1985 CHEVROLET TRUCK
We have a customer with a 1985 Chevy P/U with a 350 engine 3/4 ton P/U. On the clutch master cylinder reservoir there is what LMC is callinf a reservoir seal. Looks like a little cup that goes into the reservoir. Need toknow where we can get one LMC no longer has any and I have checked everywhere for him. Appreciate any input into the whereabouts of a seal.
DOCFIXIT
Junk Yard or new cylinder. Boot bad, torn, disapper? What is problem?
Monday, May 1st, 2017 AT 1:58 PM (Merged)
DOCFIXIT
Junk Yard or new cylinder. What is problem?
KLUNKER
  • 2000 CHEVROLET TRUCK
2000 Chevy Truck 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 190000 miles

The master cylinder was low and my son cleaned it out with a rag and refilled it. It worked good for one day then the next day the clutch would not engage. I was was wondering on the correct procedure to bleed the clutch system.
-1
M_H_RITZEL
Bleed the clutch about the same as brakes. You blled it at the slave cylinder under the truck by the clutch fork. To work right the air has to be bled out.
+1
LABA622
  • 1993 CHEVROLET TRUCK
1993 Chevy Truck 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 165000 miles

The clutch doesn't come up and would this possibly be a problem with the clutch master cylinder. It has fluid and line doesn't look like its leaking. Its my old truck and my son has it now in a different town from where I live. He need some direction on this. He says it works some of the time. It should not be the clutch itself. Please help with your best suggestion for some direction on this problem. Brian
DR LOOT
With the limited information that you have provided I can only give you a few suggestions, if you push the clutch pedal in several times doesn't work? Have you gotten underneath the truck to see if the slave cylinder is moving appropriately about 2 1/2 inches or 3? Let me know the answers to my questions.
LAESP
  • 1987 CHEVROLET TRUCK
Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
1987 Chevy Truck 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 100, 00 miles

I have a 1987 Chevy R10 pickup with a 3 on the tree manual trans. All of a sudden I have a couple inches of totally free play before I feel any resistance when pressing in on the clutch pedal. I almost have to push it to the floor to even have the starter engage. Is there a clutch cable adjustment. I just had the master cylinder replaced a couple years ago.
MICSHOL
Are you sure we are talking about an 87. I've never seen one that new with a three on the tree