1994 Chevy Truck no power to fuel pump

RIGHTTOO
  • 1994 CHEVROLET TRUCK
My truck stalled on me and I was not able to get it running agian. I realized it was a fuel problem so I replaced the pump, relay, and fuse, my pump is still not turning on when I turn the key.
Saturday, November 8th, 2008 AT 2:14 PM

MASTERTECHTIM
Check for power at the gray wire at the relay when you turn the key on and if you have power for 2 seconds then the gray wire must be broken from there to the tank.
Saturday, November 8th, 2008 AT 2:25 PM
The fuel pump should come On for 2secs only when the computer energizes the fuel pump relay. If not its coming from the computer relay driver-

Try this use starting fluid thru the throttle body and see what happens-

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_oil_sending_unit_and_fuel_pump_circuit_81.gif

Saturday, November 8th, 2008 AT 2:26 PM
RIGHTTOO
When I turn the key on and test the fuel pump fuse with a test light. It shows no power on either side. Iam wondering if it is a computer related problem or a short in the wiring. But if I unplug the wiring harness from the sending unit and test the wires there the center wire has power. Also when I turn the key on the pump makes a one click sound but does"nt fully kick on. And if I dump fuel down the TBI it will start. Please give me your input on this if you can. It is not to often that I can"t figure something out on my own, but this one has me stumped thank you
Saturday, November 8th, 2008 AT 8:09 PM
MASTERTECHTIM
With key on you should have power at one termianl of relay(orange wire) dark green should pule a ground for 2 seconds when key is turned on which will energize the relay and send power to the gray wire. What are we missing?
Sunday, November 9th, 2008 AT 5:34 AM
MASTERTECHTIM
Whn you turn the lkey to run position with truck off is the check engine light illuminated? It should be, if not check inj fuse
Sunday, November 9th, 2008 AT 5:35 AM