93 S10 BLAZER 4.3(W)STARTING ISSUES

1993 Chevrolet Trailblazer

e90suprat

April, 22, 2007 AT 1:23 PM

Hello, I have a 93 s10 blazer 4.3l(w) with 47000 original miles and I'm having some minor problems with it. It starts right up when its cold, but when its warm, it takes a while (5-10 secs. of cranking while pressing the gas pedal) before it will start. When it does start, it will shoot a cloud of smoke and black carbon out the exhaust, and it will also idle rough and surge. It mainly happens when it is warm outside or the engine is warm. It runs fine while driving, but will idle rough when at a stop. I have replaced the IAC and the TPS, and the EGR was just serviced. The truck is in such good shape with super low mileage, so I'm really confused as to what could be wrong with it, any suggestion would be appreciated.
Thanks, Ed.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/70246_DSC007621_1.jpg

Running Rough

Idles Rough/changed Ects

Jack42

April, 26, 2007 AT 10:22 AM

Your looking at two possibilities. The first being the fuel injectors or " spider" as it is called. They go bad alot and dump raw fuel into the intake causing hard starting. On your truck it has to be replaced as a whole unit. The other is the pulse dampener un the top of the fuel pump. When it goes out it lets the fuel pressure bleed down causing a hard start condition. Your truck sounds more like the injector. If you remove the alumnum upper plenum you will see the injector. If the regulator is blown there will be puddles of raw fuel and a very clean spot in the intake under it

gm2mom

November, 29, 2010 AT 4:28 PM

O2 sensor

gm2mom

November, 29, 2010 AT 4:32 PM

Check all of your sensors before buying a spider assembly. You can see if the spider is leaking by taking the top off. Check the pressure regulator and the knock sensor. They get broken sometimes when changing plugs by a mechanic. They may not know it, or just not tell you they broke the connector. This will cause it to mess up the timing and fuel ratio.