2003 TRAILBLAZER 4.2L ROTATES BUT DOES NOT START.

• johnskinner1232
  • 2003 Chevrolet Trailblazer
  • automatic

2003 trailblazer 4.2l rotates but does not start. I have fuel pressure and I pulled out coil grounded it off and have spark, took out camshaft sensor and it was caked with carbon and cleaned it and it wanted to start but didnt. Do you think it is sensor?

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:12 PM

• saturntech9

It could be do you have any codes in the computer?Have you checked for codes yet?

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:19 PM
  • johnskinner1232

I have code light that came on but don't have tester with me. I will have to get it in morning. I got the sensor for $20 going to try that thank you though

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 10:31 PM
  • cadieman

Pour fuel in the throttle body does it start?

Friday, July 22nd, 2011 AT 11:17 PM
  • johnskinner1232

I put crank shaft sensor on tried to start it but but only rotates still dont turn over. I pulled plug and there is fuel in there, so I know there is fuel getting to it, fuel pump comes on when I turn key. Pulled injectors off to see if they were clogged they are fine and I put fuel pressure tester on line and it is fine. Just stumped little I will figure it out but going through it now.I put test light on middle wire engine coils and hooked to battery and coils are working also put meter on pink cable on coil and it is reading fine on all of them. All coil boots are fine but one but that shouldnt make it not start. New plugs and gaps are good and have spark in all of them. New cam shaft sensor, new timing chain head has been rebuilt, took off pulley tensioner and belt to see if that was a reason still nothing. I also installed a new exhaust actuator sprocket and sensor

Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:24 AM
  • saturntech9

Rent a code scanner or buy a cheap one and tell what are the exact code numbers you have?

Saturday, July 23rd, 2011 AT 12:31 AM