2005 Chevy Trailblazer Blower Motor Cuts Out At Max Setting

ECUELLO
  • 2005 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I recently replaced the blower motor resistor and the resistor connecter due to the blower not working at all. Now the blower motor cuts off at the max (5) setting. I back probed the blower motor connection and I have voltage and it switches all the way up to 4. As soon as I set it to 5, the voltage drops and the blower motor cuts out. I also replaced the heater/ac control module thinking that was the only possible solution but it still cuts out. Both Contol modules (old one & new one)cut out on the max setting. I have also tried 3 different resistors and still have the same problem. Any direction given will be greatly appreciated.
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 AT 6:27 PM

Try swapping the blower motor relay don't work get the HVAC control module tested.
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 AT 6:33 PM
ECUELLO
By HVAC control module do you mean the actual unit that you can select speeds? The manual says that the blower motor relay is on the blower motor housing; can't find it. Help!
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 AT 9:18 PM
ECUELLO
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 AT 9:24 PM
Blower Motor Resistor Assembly Below right side of dash, near blower motor-sorry no pic's
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 AT 9:24 PM
ECUELLO
By HVAC control module do you mean the actual unit that you can select speeds? The manual says that the blower motor relay is on the blower motor housing; can't find it. Help![/Quote:a91c94c365]

Already replaced blower motor resistor three different times thinking that they were defective.
Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 AT 9:26 PM
ECUELLO
By HVAC control module do you mean the actual unit that you can select speeds? The manual says that the blower motor relay is on the blower motor housing; can't find it. Help![/Quote:b3b36f7fd6]

Already replaced blower motor resistor three different times thinking that they were defective.[/Quote:b3b36f7fd6]

Can anybody tell me where to locate the blower motor relay?
Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 AT 10:48 AM
Try this: so much of auto references misdirections

Check in the underhood fuse block -see below Itme NO.1 for location of relay

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_relay_1.gif

Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 AT 10:57 AM
ECUELLO
By HVAC control module do you mean the actual unit that you can select speeds? The manual says that the blower motor relay is on the blower motor housing; can't find it. Help![/Quote:4e4b2b1488]

Already replaced blower motor resistor three different times thinking that they were defective.[/Quote:4e4b2b1488]

Can anybody tell me where to locate the blower motor relay?[/Quote:4e4b2b1488]

replaced relay; checked all fuses, blower motor still cuts out when max speed is selected.

Is there a procedure for recalibrating the HVAC control module?

What other trouble shooting can I do?
Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 AT 3:37 PM
You need to bring that in to the dealership-you sure your alternator is okay might not be supporting the battery on additional power demand
Wednesday, December 9th, 2009 AT 3:54 PM