2004 Chevy Trailblazer HEADLIGHT

PHONE7441
  • 2004 CHEVROLET TRAILBLAZER
I am trying to change the low beam headlight, and I have no idea how to access the thing. I have owned many different types of vehicles and I have never had this kind of dilema. Thank you
Saturday, April 4th, 2009 AT 6:53 AM

WALT09
Hi-

I just did mine this afternoon after looking for an answer myself on this web site. I saw a diagram responding to one of the 2003 TB headlight replacement questions (there are several with the same question.)

The process wasn't too bad and didn't take that long.

The front grill comes off with a little encouragement: there are 4 clips along the top, 2 on each side in the middle of each headlight assembly, 2 on the bottom - 1 on each side near the headlight assemblies, and 1 in the middle behind the Chevy logo. Once the grill is off you have access to each headlight assembly.

I found a tab at the top on each side of the assembly that pulls up. It took some doing to pry the ones on the outside because they were hard to get to. Pulling both tabs up releases the assembly. I disconnected the headlight connector and also removed the turn signal light with its connector attached. I left the side light and connector attached with the assembly. I swung the assembly to the outside and removed the dust covers for each light (low bean 9006 on the outside and hi beam 9005 on the inside). I replaced both lights because I didn't want to go through this process again any time soon. I put the dust covers back on and did everything in reverse. I checked each headlight assembly after I replaced those lights and only put the decorative grill back on when I knew all the lights were working properly. The most difficult task was replacing the lights on the right/passenger side of the car. The ones on the left/driver side were much easier to both remove and install.

Good luck with your replacements.
Saturday, April 18th, 2009 AT 1:08 PM
LHOUSELOVER
http://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-a-headlight-bulb it is a LOTTTTTTTTTTTTT easier and it took my husband and I about 10 minutes to change ours.
Sunday, June 21st, 2009 AT 12:00 PM