2008 Chevy Suburban Door Locks

HUETHERM
  • 2008 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN
My electric door locks on my Driver Side Passenger door does not always work. The key ring pad will unlock all the doors but that one. The switch on the driver side door will not unlock it either. I must physically get in and pull the lever up. It malfunctions about 80% of the time. Other 20% it will work o.K.

The driver side electric door lock malfuntions also. I lock the doors with my keyring pad, all the doors will lock except my front driver side. When I open the door it will then set off the security alarm. This happens about 80% of the time also.

At times I shut the door and it will not latch. This happens about 20% of the time.

The dealer is saying I need to replace both door locks, does that sound correct? Is it logical that both locks would fail at once?

I appreciate any feedback.
Thanks.
Wednesday, November 11th, 2009 AT 12:34 PM

SERVICE WRITER
Which one?

If there are problems on both sides then it sure is possible.
The dealer can work the locks through a scanner, and it is probably showing that there are malfunctions in both lock actuators. I'm not how they confirmed this but do recommend you ask how they concluded that both are needed.
Thursday, November 12th, 2009 AT 7:34 AM
MIKEGNDS
I also have the same problem with my 2008 Cheyv Suburban front drivers side and front passenger side door locks. I also have just over 52,000 miles on my vehicle. This seems very odd that both door locks went out within a week of each other.

What was decided with your vehicle?

Thanks,
Micheal
Wednesday, July 21st, 2010 AT 9:38 AM
CHESSER
I also had my front driver power lock go out while under warranty. Then a month later (out of warranty) the rear driver side power lock went out. Later the fron passenger door lock went out. I only have one power lock that hasn't stopped working. My cruise control abruptly stopped working as well.
Thursday, January 13th, 2011 AT 5:59 PM
AVIGLAND
I am having exactly the same issue with my 2008 V4 4WD Suburban. First the rear passenger door lock stopped working and now the driver side is intermittent.

Can anyone say "RECALL"?
+2
Saturday, June 9th, 2012 AT 6:16 PM
RIVERMIKERAT
It's 4 years old. That isn't a recall type item or age. More likely a wire was pinched or the buttons were stabbed too hard too many times.
-2
Friday, July 20th, 2012 AT 1:59 AM