2001 Chevy Suburban brake lights not working

DMOORE97
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SUBURBAN

2001 Chevy Suburban V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 185000 miles

I have checked fuses, bulbs, replaced brake light switch, but brake lights still not working. The LED brake light works fine, as well as hazards, turn signals, running lights, etc. The cruise is not working, but it is my understanding, that without recognizing the ground through the brake lights it would not work. I have a factory installed tow hitch and have checked the system thoroughly. I have power in and out of the fuse in the box under the hood, additionally I am getting power to the trailer lights plug when brake is applied, but nothing at the brake lights. There has to be something that I am missing. Please help. Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 AT 8:00 AM

Hi DMoore97, Welcome to 2carpros and TY for the donation

Lets do this find the rear lamps junction block front of rear bumper on crossmember have someone step on the brake and check for power at the light blue wire-no power here you have an open between here and the brake switch that's if the stop fuse 10amp is okay

as for the trailer brake light check the ground circuit

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_b1_13.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_b2_13.jpg

+1
Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 AT 2:43 PM
DMOORE97

It was a bad wiring harness. Thanks

+1
Wednesday, April 21st, 2010 AT 7:37 PM
2CARPROS LINSEY

Thank you for using 2CarPros. Com. We appreciate your donation and look forward to helping you in the future.

+1
Thursday, April 22nd, 2010 AT 1:25 PM