2001 Chevy Silverado Wheel speed sensors

WWEBER
  • 2001 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Drive Train Axles Bearings problem
2001 Chevy Silverado V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic

At times when I turn corners the locking differental tries to hook up on dry pavement. What damage could happen and where are the sensors located.
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 6:26 PM

SERVICE WRITER
IS it a crow hop kind of feel?
Are you in 4wd at that time?

IF the brakes are false abs-ing, then clean thecorrosion build up under the front wheel speed sensors, clean the mounting pad and coat sensors with silicone grease.

IS the abs light coming on?

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_sil1_1.jpg

The sensor goes into the hub. Replacement ones come with the sensor becasue they don't come out in 1 piece too often.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/30961_sil2_2.jpg

Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 8:49 PM
WWEBER
No Its not ABS related.I fixed that problem 2 years ago. No Its not in 4-wheel drive. Its only the back axle that makes a klunking sound and it tries to engage the locking differental. No the ABS light does not come on.
Tuesday, June 16th, 2009 AT 10:02 PM
SERVICE WRITER
Sorry, went down the wrong path on that.

Big aluminum driveshaft? They resonate noise pretty good.

Is the thumping /clunking noise in the rear axle while driving down the road, more noticeable it more on the one to two upshift? IF so, try greasing the splines on the end of the rear driveshaft that fits into the transfer case.

IF this is not the case either, then next I would mark the tires at the bottom with a crayon. Drive it for 10 wheel rotations. All of the marks should stilll be at the bottom. IF not then there is a circumference problem that may have caused damage.

IF I'm still in left field on this, post a fresh new question, so it flags as not being answered.
Wednesday, June 17th, 2009 AT 4:48 AM