NEED TO FIND OUT IF MY REAR BRAKES (DRUM) HAVE ABS SPEED SENSORS.

2006 Chevrolet Silverado

pez06

September, 13, 2012 AT 5:47 PM

Model is LT extended cab with V8 5.3 w/flex fuel. Front brakes are disc. Reason for question is my ABS light along with brake system warning light and chime came on. This happened a week after I had new front and rear brakes installed. I returned to Pepboys and they checked the error code. Error code states there is a malfunction with the left rear abs wheel speed sensor. However the Pepboys tech states there is no rear sensors on my vehicle. I need to take it to a Chevy dealer to trouble shoot the problem. I need to know if there are no rear speed sensors. Thank you for your assistance.

caradiodoc

September, 13, 2012 AT 6:06 PM

There's different ABS systems. Some have only one sensor on top of the rear differential (plus the two at the front wheels), some have one at each rear wheel, and some on GM trucks are in the tail housing of the transmission.

September, 13, 2012 AT 6:08 PM

Our database don't show any rear wheel sensors. What are the trouble codes you are getting?