2000 Chevy Silverado vibration

DR_ZUES_ROSE
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
Sir: I own a chevy silverado 1500 2-wheeel drive, 6 cylinder truck. At 63 mph I have a definate vibration coming from my front end.I have had the tires balanced and rotated but it hasn't solved the problem. It doesnt pull to one side or the othr so I don't believe it's in the alignment but what are some of the other things that I can do to fix this problem?Any information would be helpfull. Thank you for your time and conideration in helping me with this matter.
Friday, August 7th, 2009 AT 2:44 PM

JARMAN
If your ball joints and tie rods ends have no play, your alignment is good and you aren't noticing any abnormal tire wear, I would point you in the direction of your wheel bearings.

When all of the things listed above are ok. A constant humming/vibration sound that gets louder when you turn the wheel left or right is a good indicator that your wheel bearings are going.
Wednesday, August 12th, 2009 AT 1:09 AM