2005 Chevrolet Silverado Vibration in front end.

CNV8079
  • 2005 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 2005 Chevy silverado when I get to 70 mph there is a slight vibration
In the steering. This vibration will get worse. If I hit the brakes to slow down it becomes a violent vibration. Then when the truck is slowed down under 20 mph the vibration goes away. Recently I have found that when the vibration happens that when at speed if I hit the brakes the vibration will fade away. I have had the tires balanced and rotated, I have had 3 mechanics check out the front end they say everything is tight. Of course the does not happen consistently.
Thursday, June 13th, 2013 AT 1:17 PM

What you're describing can be caused by a warped brake rotor, (lateral runout, not thickness variation that you would feel in the brake pedal), and it can be caused by a caliper that is not fully releasing, typically due to a restriction in one of the rubber flex hoses. With the truck raised up in front, look for a wheel that's fairly hard to turn by hand.
Friday, June 14th, 2013 AT 9:37 AM