2000 Chevy Silverado power door locks

COLEMAN.334
  • 2000 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
I have a 2000 chevy silverado with power windows/locks. I blew a fuse and all the power locks stopped working. I replaced the fuse and now all works good except my passenger door will unlock but not lock. I replaced the door lock assembly which didn't fix a thing. I am getting power to the door lock but nothing happens. I can't even hear the actuator try to lock the door like I can when it locks. It doesn't matter where I try to lock the door, it simply won't auto lock. Any help would be great!
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 AT 9:08 PM

DOCFIXIT
Hi
Maybe the lock fuse for pass side located instrument fuse box # 22 15 amp

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/198357_Graphic_210.jpg

Let me know
Thanks for donate
+1
Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 10:20 AM
COLEMAN.334
All the fuses are just fine. I even pulled them all out and put them on a tester just to be sure. Any other thoughts? What about a faulty BCM?
-1
Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 7:22 PM
QUAGMIRE86
With the passenger side door, the door lock actuator has two relays (according to memory of schematic). One relay will lock and a seperate relay will unlock. I will have to check my book and get back to you.
Monday, October 26th, 2009 AT 9:46 PM
DOCFIXIT
In same fuse box switch out lock relay with unlock if it locks then relay faulty
+3
Tuesday, October 27th, 2009 AT 8:11 AM
QUAGMIRE86
OK, you said that you replaced the fuse. According to the schematic that I have in front of me, there are four (4) fuses and three (3) relays associated with the power lock system.

1). 20A DR LOCK fuse located left fuse box (side of dash.
2). 3A MIR/LOCK fuse located in left fuse box.
3). 15A LOCK fuse located in left fuse box.
4). 15A UNLOCK fuse located in left fuse box.
5). DOOR LOCK RELAY in left fuse box.
6). DRIVER DOOR UNLOCK RELAY in left fuse box.
7). DOOR LOCK RELAY in left fuse box.

Since the door will unlock, but won't lock, it would seem to be a problem with the GRAY/BLK wire at the lock actuator. Put a test light on the 15 amp LOCK fuse and press the lock switch. If you are not getting power at both sides of the fuse, then the relay is bad. If you are getting power at only one side of the fuse, that fuse is bad.
+1
Wednesday, October 28th, 2009 AT 5:28 AM