CHEVY KEYFOB

1998 Chevrolet Silverado

jamesrwms

November, 29, 2009 AT 7:48 PM

1998 Chevy Silverado V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic

can I add a keyfob? I have power locks

Wiring Issue?

dennyp

November, 30, 2009 AT 9:41 PM

Yes, but you will need to program all of them at the same time.

Remote Control Door Lock Transmitter Programming
If they key is in the ON position during the programming procedure, the horn chirp will be disabled, if the key is in the OFF position, the horn chirp will be enabled. The horn will chirp when the lock button is pressed two times.

When reprogramming the remote control door lock reciever, All transmitters must be programmed at this time in order for the transmitters to operate the vehicle. Transmitters not programed at this time will not work and the procedure will have to be redone with all the transmitters.

" Ground pin 4 to pin 8 of the data link connector (DLC).
The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors, and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.

" Press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons simultaneously on the first transmitter to be programmed until the locks cycle (approximately 10 seconds).
" Repeat step 2 for up to four total transmitters to be programmed (if available).
The receiver will respond by locking and unlocking the doors and activating the liftgate window release (if equipped) within 2 seconds.

" Remove the ground applied to the DLC.
" Lock and unlock the doors in order to verify the transmitter operation.
" Activate the rear window release in order to verify the transmitter operation.

jamesrwms

December, 6, 2009 AT 4:26 PM

I'm assuming the DLC is the connector where the dealer would connect to thier sytem to check. What is the pinout on the connector?

dennyp

December, 6, 2009 AT 8:34 PM

Yes, it is the diagnostic connector under the driver side of the dash. If you remove the two screws that hold the connector to the dash, you will be able to see numbers on the connector housing that identify the terminals.

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Rear
Fuel Pump Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet Tahoe
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Serpentine Belt Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Engine Oil Change and Filter Ford Mustang
Serpentine Belt Replacement Chrysler