1994 Chevy Silverado won't keep running

CHAMARKO
  • 1994 CHEVROLET SILVERADO
  • 260 MILES
I just replaced with a new the gsa tank, fuel pump, fuel filter, lines and fuel pickup. But I don't understand why my truck is missing so bad now.I checked also the fuses. My diesel won't run?
Wednesday, May 13th, 2009 AT 9:45 PM

DR LOOT
I'm a little confused is this a gas or diesel?
Thursday, May 14th, 2009 AT 2:35 PM
CHAMARKO
It is a diesel and all new lines and they were bleed. This is the fourth fuel pump put on it and it run for a day good with each pump, but then starts missing so bad it won't run. Had to be towed home.
Thursday, May 14th, 2009 AT 3:37 PM
DR LOOT
Thanks for responding, I can not remember if the 1994 chevy 6.5 diesel is electronic injection pump, or is it still the manual pump, let me know and I can help you.
Thursday, May 14th, 2009 AT 10:32 PM
CHAMARKO
Electronic injection
Thursday, May 14th, 2009 AT 11:03 PM
DR LOOT
With 265,000 miles, how many times have you changed the electronic control box (Black)on the injection pump? You said you change the fuel filter, did you change both of them? The primary and secondary? After you change the fuel pump and it runs good for one day do you have to change the fuel pump again so it'll start up 1 2 or 3 days later? When it starts to misfire and will not run any more, do you check the fuel filter to see if it's out of fuel? When it starts to misfire do you check the voltage at the injection Pink wire? And tell me if you have an engine light on when it starts to misfire or all in all the time? If you could answer all my questions I would appreciate it, it will help me help you, diesels are very hard to figure out when they've got problems, but are still one of the most reliable vehicles.
Friday, May 15th, 2009 AT 11:06 AM