1992 Chevy S-10 Loss of power/almost dies

STEVENKELLEY1984
  • 1992 CHEVROLET S-10
I have done a complete tune up and then some. Plugs, plug wires, cap, rotor, air filter, coil, water temp sensor, map sensor, throttle position sensor, new injector. The problem is when it is at idle and while driving(usually when I am just cruising, not under exceleration) it hesitates or almost cuts out, or lack of power then service engine soon light comes on but is only on a minute or so. When I put it on the computer it says O2S rich. I just dont know what else to do.
Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 2:53 PM

DOCFIXIT
Maybe the O2 check voltage output of O2 if.1 or higher then O2 is telling ECM its rich and it leans out till engine stalls.
Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 3:07 PM
STEVENKELLEY1984
So if I check the O2 voltage and is higher replace the O2 sensor? To explain a little better. What it does is at idle it will go to a low idle then idle back up. When it idles to low it almost dies, then the ses light comes on. When I am driving at a sustained speed like 35 MPH then excel it hesitates like it has no fuel then goes, then light comes on. When I excel it runs fine then light goes off. Whenever I put it on the computer same code O2S rich. Oh yea when connected to the computer it says it is running lean. I am confused.
Monday, May 11th, 2009 AT 3:25 PM
DOCFIXIT
If O2 sends rich signal to ECM then it will lean fuel mixture by limiting pulse and length of injector spray
Tuesday, May 12th, 2009 AT 10:35 AM
STEVENKELLEY1984
Well I still dont know what to do. I understand that if the O2 sends a rich signal the ECM will lean it out. I understand that. I am using a MAC tools computer scanner. The O2 is switching between rich and lean, which is normal. But my question is how quickly should it do this? I just dont know what to do. I cant keep throwing money at this. It is almost like it loads up on fuel or something. Please help
Tuesday, May 19th, 2009 AT 3:57 PM
DOCFIXIT
Here is a check for O2. Disconnect O2 sensor wire connect DVOM in series ie. Between O2 and wire connection Set on 2V scale. Next ECM pull down pass side under dash find Purple wire to O2 terminal D6. Take long jumper wire touch purple wire term and to pos battt term. Observe DVOM voltage should drop to.3v. Next switch to neg batt term. Observe DVOM voltage should go up to.8v.
Do this with engine at normal temp and running.
Let me know what you get
Wednesday, May 20th, 2009 AT 10:25 AM