2005 Chevy Malibu Malibu makes noise like jet engine while

SUZIEQ51262
  • 2005 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Just receintly I noticed a noise coming from the front end of the car. It only occures while I am driving and it sounds like a jet engine noice. It is quite loud. It does not occure while in park or if stopped at a light or sitting idle. I took it to a transmission place today and they told me it wasn't my transmission. What could cause this type of noise?
Thursday, December 27th, 2007 AT 5:19 PM

SERVICE WRITER
You can get a roar from a bad wheel bearing. Sometimes it will change pitch if you vere to the left or to the right.
Thursday, December 27th, 2007 AT 6:26 PM
SERVICE WRITER
I say give him a shot. Just tell him he pays the towing he he drops the ball :wink:

HAve him get both wheels off the ground and if he spins the wheel fast enough he may be able to hear a difference between the two. He can also check each of the wheels for play and that may expose it.

I would go with a timkin bearing myself.
Thursday, December 27th, 2007 AT 6:43 PM
SERVICE WRITER
BCA are good too, Your "probably" ok to go another week. But certainly the sooner the better, I wouldn't wait just to switch to timken.
Thursday, December 27th, 2007 AT 7:00 PM