2004 Chevy Malibu Car starts buts dies suddenly, runs maybe

WELLS_MAN
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MALIBU
Car was running good with no trouble out of the blue it quits and won, t start, tried spraying starting fluid in thottle body and it runs for a few secounds, sounded like a fuel pump or filter problem, changed both and it still does the same thing, have great pressure at fuel rails, don, t no what else to change to help it, there was no codes found on obd 2 sensor check, can you tell me what else to check thanks Tom
Monday, August 4th, 2008 AT 7:52 PM

RHALL77
Is the security light blinking when your are trying to start it.
Monday, August 4th, 2008 AT 9:24 PM
WELLS_MAN
Yes, the theft security lite is blinking when trying to start, thanks Hope you can help this car has no keyless entry, the onlt security that maybe on it is the key switch that locks stering, there is automatic door locks on it, but no other securiy on it but in the stering wheel key switch
Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 AT 2:37 PM
RHALL77
Sounds like you need a pass lock sensor. You can try this. Turn the key off for 10 secs. Crank the key once and let it go. Watch for the light to blink. Let it sit with the key on, watching the security light. It should go out in 10-30 min. When it does turn the key off for 10 secs then try to start. If this doesnty work you will have to have it scanned at your local dealer.
+1
Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 AT 3:09 PM
WELLS_MAN
Hi, tried what you said about leaving the key switch on till the security light quits flasing, this fixed the car, it work was I surprised, your the man in my book thanks so much for your help, Tom
Tuesday, August 5th, 2008 AT 6:08 PM
HICKSTER
But does that mean u need a new pass lock sensor I had the same problem.P.S. Glad I found this site great help THANK YOU.
Thursday, September 4th, 2008 AT 7:38 PM