Turn signal works only sometimes

JANGER84
  • 2002 CHEVROLET MALIBU
The turn signal only works sometimes and when it doesnt work it helps to put the hazard lights on for a few secs then shut the hazards off and the turn signal works again for a short while. What could this be?
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 8:50 PM

BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello It sounds like a faulty turn signal flasher which has been integrated into the hazard switch. Here are diagrams and institutions on how to replace it below with a guide to help with blinker issues.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/turn-signals-not-working-blinker

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.
Monday, August 10th, 2009 AT 10:26 PM
DONWELD
  • 2003 CHEVROLET MALIBU
When I use the turn signal and then turn it off it sounds like it is stilll on, it isnt but it keeps clicking
Thank s
Saturday, January 12th, 2019 AT 6:06 PM (Merged)
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Hello and thanks for donating

The most likely culprit is a faulty signal flasher which is built in to the hazard switch.
DONWELD
So do I need to replace hazard switch or whole turn signal switch
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Just the hazard switch
THERELIFETOLIVE HUGHES
  • 2001 CHEVROLET MALIBU
My turn signal was blinking when it was not in use and now it completely out. I have replaced the breakers and it still will not come on or make a sound. What do you think the problem was and how do I fix it?
JOHNNY G.JR
Flashers could be bad, also could be one bad bulb.
If it doesn't work at all, make sure fuses are good. If they are good, either you have a wiring issue (power supply) or the switch is bad.
MARQUETTEKID
  • 2000 CHEVROLET MALIBU
My turn signals go out without any warning. I will be driving using my turn signals and then two seconds later the turn signals go out. I fix it by banging on my dashboard (isn't that how you fix everything as a kid?) And it always eventually comes back on (after a few hits), although how stress releiving smacking my dashboard is I would love to fix this. I brought it into Goodyear about six months ago and that did a lot of good. For two days. Any help?
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Suspect a faulty / sticking flasher relay. When you hit the dash, it causes the relay to unstick and let the signals work again. Until the relay sticks again that is. The flasher relay is located in the center of the instrument panel, right of the steering column.
SCHILLING79
  • 2001 CHEVROLET MALIBU
My turn signal is working fine but when it turn off the clicking noise that lets you know it is on doesn't stop. It actually starts clicking faster. At first it would click a few times after the blinker was off but now it doesn't stop at all. Hopefully you can help me, thank you
BLUELIGHTNIN6
Suspect faulty flasher unit. Flasher is located in center of the instrument panel, right of steering column.

Thanks for using 2CarPros. Com!
SHUTTERM4
  • 2001 CHEVROLET MALIBU
The Blinkers in my wifes vehicle have ceased working. They were working sporadically, but they have completely stopped as of this point. What might be the problem and how do I go about fixing this. Is it something that has to be done at the dealer or can I fix it myself? Thank you for all your help!
JEEPFAN
I dont know where the blinker relay is on your car but im betting thats the problem
Saturday, January 12th, 2019 AT 6:07 PM (Merged)