Turn Signal flasher location

JBMANNER
  • 2003 CHEVROLET MALIBU

Electrical problem 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 197000 miles

Sometimes when I use the turn signals or the emergency flashers, when they are turned off the clicking noise keeps on to the point that the signal warning bell chimes. I don't know if this a relay or flasher problem and can't locate it under the dash board. It sounds like it is coming from behind the radio/heater area. I found the relay at O'reilly's Auto parts but don't want to purchase it since I don't know if this is what I need or where whatever part I need goes.

Saturday, February 20th, 2010 AT 8:33 PM

2CARPROS KEN

They had big problems with the hazard switch in these cars which is where the flasher is located. Here is a wiring diagram and a guide to help you test and confirm the problem.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-use-a-test-light-circuit-tester

Diagrams (below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken

Saturday, July 29th, 2017 AT 3:32 PM
TOM789
  • 2004 CHEVROLET MALIBU

My turn signal stopped working. My hazard lights still work and everything else on my turn signal controls work. Wipers, flashers, and high beams.
So I replaced the turn signal switch but the turn signal is still not working.
So the only thing it can be is the turn signal flasher. I'm trying to find the location of the flasher but I cannot find any info in my car repair Manuel or owners Manuel.

Saturday, July 29th, 2017 AT 3:33 PM (Merged)

Check all your bulbs first to see if they light up when you put switch on and make sure power goe s in an dout of t/s switch. The flasher is part of the body control module.

-2
FACTOU
  • 2001 CHEVROLET MALIBU

2001 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 90158 miles

Where is the flasher located on a 2001 chevy malibu?

BLUELIGHTNIN6

The switch and relay are built into one unit and are located on the dash, to the right of the instrument cluster.

+1
BRANDYKNOLL
  • 2002 CHEVROLET MALIBU

2002 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 86000 miles

I have found out that the reason my turn signal works from time to time is the turn signal flasher, I have bought a new one to put in but now I can not figure out whare it goes I got under neath the steering collumn and pulled off the cover but I can not see the part. Please tell me whare to replace this item thank you brandy

1000DLRBILL

The turn signal flasher is common to the hazard warning flasher. It is located on the Hazard push button on the dashboard.