CHEVY BLOWER MOTER WON'T WORK

2001 Chevrolet Malibu

pburdine

June, 17, 2010 AT 8:49 AM

Heater problem
2001 Chevy Malibu 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 100000 miles

I have a 2001 chevy Malibu and the blower moter won't work. The problem has been ongoing and gradually got worse. The blower moter did not blow on speeds 1-3 (5 total) Now it won't blow at all. If I push on the speed dial it blows momentarily, but as soon as I stop pushing the blower stops. It is acting like the switch in the dash is not making contact, but I am not sure if I need to buy the control panel or a transistor? Do you think the transistor is bad or the switch in the control panel?

Rear Blower Not Working

hmac300

June, 18, 2010 AT 6:21 PM

If it doesn't work on high speed it 's not the resistor. If you have a test light, pull the plug on the blower and turn the switch on. If the test light works then it's the blower motor. Make sure to test the power in all positions as you could have a two fold problem. If the light doesn't work then it's probably the control switch.

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Air Conditioner Recharge - Simple
Air Conditioner Condenser Fan Relay Replace