NON-FUNCTIONING BRAKE LIGHTS

• tdegen
  • Chevrolet Lumina

I recently found my brake lights aren't functioning on my 96 Lumina. The turn signals work fine, the running lights work fine, and the window brake light work fine. I have heard the turn signal switch is the problem. Is that correct?

Thursday, February 15th, 2007 AT 7:48 AM

• CHEVYII

Have you checked the bulbs? They have three filaments in them, its possible they could be burned out since your third brake light is working, keep it simple lmk

thanks

Monday, February 19th, 2007 AT 11:23 AM
  • Krabinator

I have a 96 lumina with the exact same problem. Brake lights don't work except for the 3rd light in the window. Bulbs are good, emergency flashers work with the running lights on (uses both filiments in the bulb and most of the wiring), fuse good, Brake Fuse plug goes hot when fuse removed and voltmeter inserted. Turn signal switch was a bit flaky but cleaned it out with contact cleaner and works better now. You say they have 3 filiments in the bulb? I only saw 2? You sure about that? Maybe someone put the wrong bulb in (my mother's car) Thanks!

Tuesday, May 29th, 2007 AT 9:21 AM