CHEVY 96 CUTS OFF

1996 Chevrolet Lumina

born2riff_3

July, 13, 2009 AT 6:39 PM

1996 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 220k miles

I had a block put in my 96 lumina about 2 months ago, they used I think a 2003 malibu block with all my intake on top used. The car is cutting off when I make turns or sometimes stopping at red light or stop signs. The worse is turning, , the EGR is throwing a code but has been taken off and cleaned 2 times very good, Someone said it may be the Babbling in the gas tank so I have been keeping it full of gas, that has helped a lot but stil cuts off every now and then, before then it was like 50 times a day, could it be the EGR or the idle motor or some other sensor or do you think its the Gas tank? I am about ready to drive it in the lake, Guy that swaped block at 2k says its not his work its something else.
thanks for any time you give me

Steven

Cj Stalling When Idling

Stalling Out

Jacobandnickolas

July, 17, 2009 AT 7:14 PM

If it keeps throwing an EGR codes, I question if there is a vacuum leak to the egr or there is carbon build up in the intake. Have both been checked?

born2riff_3

July, 17, 2009 AT 8:26 PM

The carbon in the orriifies have been cleaned by a shop here with carb cleaner and stout metal rod, Guy there says he got it clean, I did have another guy tell me he thinks its a vacuum leak, Where could it be in a line or what, Thanks for responding to me.

Jacobandnickolas

July, 17, 2009 AT 11:01 PM

THere are several vacuum lines under the hood and the dash. Check for dammaged or disconnected hoses. Actually, with the engine running, you can sometimes hear a hissing from a leak.