CHEVY DASH LIGHTS STAY ON

1994 Chevrolet Lumina

mvolopski

November, 28, 2008 AT 8:23 PM

1994 Chevy Lumina 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 182000 miles

The car has always had the dash illumination lights come on for about 30 sec when the doors are first closed then go off. Like they were on a time delay. Today I noticed that they were stuck on. When they are on they cannot be controlled by the dimmer, the only time they go off is when the dashlight dimmer is moved to turn on the interior lights, then the dash lights will go off. The lamps will come back on when the interior lamps are turned off. When the tailights or headlights are on the dash lights can be dimmed by the dimmer and seem to function normally until the ignition is turned off then they stay on.

2CarPros Ken

November, 29, 2008 AT 1:20 AM

Hi, does your car have analog gauges or lcd screen?

mvolopski

November, 29, 2008 AT 9:12 PM

Analog guages

2CarPros Ken

November, 30, 2008 AT 1:28 AM

Hi, the dash lights are controlled by the BCM. It sounds like yours has shorted and needs replacing.

helmethair78

February, 14, 2009 AT 7:08 PM

That is the same problem I am having with my 92 Lumina.
When you say BCM are you talking about the body control module? If so is there are two of them. Would it be the break or cruise bcm?

2CarPros Ken

February, 16, 2009 AT 11:02 AM

Hi, it would be the daytime running lights modual

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Seat Switch Replacement GMC Yukon