2007 Chevy Impala keyless entry

DJCH2007
  • 2007 CHEVROLET IMPALA
I have a 2007 Chevy Impala LS. I recently have been having problems with the keyless entry. The remote will not work when I want to unlock the car. After I use the key to get in the car the and physically open the door the remote will work. When I shut the door and get out of the car I am able to use the remote. After a couple of minutes the remote will not work. I have tried two different remotes and I have the same problem. Any help would be great.
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 AT 8:13 PM

BRIAN 1
Replace the remote control door lock reciever, Some customers may comment about one or more of the following conditions:

" The remote keyless entry (RKE) transmitters will not program, function and/or the RKE transmitter low battery message is displayed.

" The Service Tire Monitor System message is displayed.

" The new RKE transmitter cannot be programmed.

" The remote keyless entry (RKE) and/or remote vehicle start (RVS) transmitter has poor range.

Cause
Any of these concerns may be caused by an internal fault with the transmitters and/or the Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR) software/hardware. Replace the RCDLR module and the RCDLR antenna. Reprogram the RCDLR with the latest software update. You will get 2 new remotes also. Post back with what you find.
Tuesday, May 26th, 2009 AT 8:48 PM
DPOLKING
My dealership wanted over $900 to replace and reprogram the RCDLR module and two new keyfobs. Does this sound anywhere near reasonable?
Thursday, June 20th, 2013 AT 10:11 AM