2003 Chevy Impala Hard to start

TIMFINN5
  • 2003 CHEVROLET IMPALA
After a tuneup, plugs wire harness fuel filter and air filter, and a can of BG, my car now does not want to start right away after driving. Starts when cold but not a smooth start can fill somthing is not right. Seems to gradually be getting worse, any sugestions? Thank you Tim
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 3:16 PM

LEGITIMATE007
Hi the best thing to do now is verify the spark and fuel pressure, listen to see if you hear the fuel pump come on when you turn the key to the on position, also the fuel pressure regulator, may be faulty too, checking the fuel pressure will help determine if it is faulty
+1
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 3:28 PM
LEGITIMATE007
http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_test_an_ignition_system.htm
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 3:28 PM
LEGITIMATE007
http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_check_fuel_pressure.htm
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 3:29 PM
LEGITIMATE007
By the way, how did it feel starting it, before the tune up?
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 3:30 PM
TIMFINN5
My car Started ok before tuneup but was getting gradualley worse. After tuneup it started better at first, but I could still tell there was a hair of roughnous which has progressed into a littlle bit of a rough cold star and if I go to the store and It does not want to start sometimes, But if I give it a little gas It will start. Any Ideas? Thanks Tim
Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 AT 6:37 PM
LEGITIMATE007
Hi tim, I'm thinking that the firing order, is possible wrong or the gap. But more likely the fuel pressure might be off, indicating a fuel pressure regulator problem or dirty filter, or even a bad fuel pump, Do a throttle body cleaning too. And is there a check engine light on?
Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 AT 9:47 PM
LEGITIMATE007
http://www.2carpros.com/how_to/how_to_tune_up.htm
Wednesday, March 31st, 2010 AT 9:48 PM
TIMFINN5
Yea took it to a mech. Today he did a fuel pressure check seemed fine. Then he hooked up the diagnostic computer? He seems to think the throttle contrl body needs cleaning, after putting his finger in and pulling out some carbon deposits. We will see for 60$ can't be too bad. He also is a certified master mec.
Thursday, April 1st, 2010 AT 2:55 PM
LEGITIMATE007
You would be surprised what a simple cleaning will do for your cars performance. Its like haveing a tuneup. Keep me posted please
Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 9:19 AM