2001 Chevy Impala will nor crank.

YANKYANKUS
  • 2001 CHEVROLET IMPALA
About every second to 10th time the car will not crank. New battery and everything else works. If I try to start it and it does nothing I put the key in the on position and the security light flashes. I have to keep turning the key to start position any where from 10 to 50 times before it will start, tha everything runs fine.
Thursday, June 7th, 2007 AT 9:09 AM

SERVICE WRITER
Try using a different key, to see if the chip in the key is the problem.
Thursday, June 7th, 2007 AT 8:25 PM
THUNTER137
2003 Impala 3.8L, LS, 45,000 miles

I turn the key and it won't start or click. Everything lights up. It has happens at least once a month for the last 6 months. Doesn't matter if the car is cold or hot. I will have to keep turning the key about 50 times to get it to start. After that it is fine. I can then turn it off and on. I took it to the chevy dealership and they said they could not find a problem. They said I will have to wait it out until it won't work at all instead of putting a lot of money into a problem no one is sure about
Friday, June 29th, 2007 AT 3:38 PM

Sponsored links