CAR WON'T CATCH TO CRANK..

2001 Chevrolet Impala

daniellebrown

September, 7, 2012 AT 2:51 PM

I have a 2001 Chevy Impala, it was running just fine until the other day, after sitting for a little while it wouldn't start. It was cranking but it wouldn't catch and sounded like it wasn't getting gas in order to fire up. We put gas in it, thinking the gas gauge was wrong and it started right up. After driving it back to the house and trying to start it later it did the same thing. My dad finally got it started by pressing the gas peddle really hard, and it was blowing white smoke out of the exhaust for about 10 minutes then quit. I drove it home and it started just fine the next 2 days with no white smoke. The third day I went out to start it and it did the same thing. Any ideas?

Jacobandnickolas

September, 7, 2012 AT 3:23 PM

White smoke usually indicates that coolant is getting into the engine. Check for a bad head gasket or evidence that coolant is leaking into the oil.

daniellebrown

September, 7, 2012 AT 9:51 PM

That's what we originally thought, but my dad checked the oil and it was clean.

owner321

November, 4, 2012 AT 3:50 AM

It might not be going into oil so it telling me it's going intothe head not going into oil look at ur heads to see if it leaking from it its just a look. If eveything looks good on the outside then its inside the head gasket

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Starter Replacement