2000 Chevy Impala starts but does't stay running

20IMPALA00
  • 2000 CHEVROLET IMPALA
Thank you for the previous advise but, problem persist. I have replaced all three ignition coils, spark plugs, and plug wires. I will change the fuel filter and pcv valve next. Any advice on why car won't stay on for more than five minutes before shuts off.
Tuesday, November 4th, 2008 AT 6:43 PM

DENNYP
How long does it run before it shuts off? Has it been scanned for trouble codes?
-1
Tuesday, November 4th, 2008 AT 9:04 PM
20IMPALA00
Put scanner to car but no codes pop up, stays running between 2 and 5 mins.
Wednesday, November 5th, 2008 AT 6:14 PM
DENNYP
Watch the engine data on the scanner to see if the ckp signal drops out. Monitor the fuel pressure while the engine is running. Make sure any aftermarket accesories are disabled.
+1
Wednesday, November 5th, 2008 AT 8:23 PM
20IMPALA00
Took out fuel filter and the fuel iside was real dirty, installed new filter. Now car starts but runs rough skanner code reads po172 :system too rich(bank 1), cheked under the hood and plug wire #1, 3, and #5 are real hot to the touch #3 more than others. How can I correct this problem?
Saturday, November 8th, 2008 AT 6:02 PM

Sponsored links