2006 CHEVY EXPRESS REMOVING AND REPLACING REAR ROTORS

• LARRY GAUDETTE
  • 2006 Chevrolet Express

Brakes problem
2006 Chevy Express 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105, 00 miles

hello and thank you very much for this service. I have attempted to remove the drivers side rear rotor as there is a chirping noise when turning right and vehicle is leaning tothe left. I have taken the wheel calipers and mounting bracket off but cannot budge the rotors on either side of the vehicle. I suspect the noise has something to do with the parking break so I want to take a look. I have tried tapping on them with a hammer but did not want to hit too hard.

any suggestions?

ps break pads have been replced

Thursday, June 17th, 2010 AT 1:53 PM

• Jack42

Sometimes teh flange will get rusted abit adn you will have to hit it fairly hard to shock them off the axle end. If you can turn thewheels, odds are that it isnt the-brake shoes holding it on. Does it come part way off and stop or is it stuck straight to the axle? Hit is between the wheel studs so as not to damage the braking surface

Friday, June 18th, 2010 AT 8:16 AM
  • LARRY GAUDETTE

I have disk breaks in rear. The disk is stuck solidly on the axil end. Have hit it very hard won't move at all. Tried both rear wheels. Do you think it's the parking break shoes inside that are holing it on?

Saturday, June 19th, 2010 AT 6:43 AM
  • Jack42

Not if it wont budge off the axle at all. If it moves off the axle a little then stops it may be the shoes. What size hammer are you using? Where are you hitting it?

Sunday, June 20th, 2010 AT 6:27 PM