CHEVY REMOVING AND REPLACING REAR ROTORS

2006 Chevrolet Express

LARRY GAUDETTE

June, 17, 2010 AT 1:53 PM

Brakes problem
2006 Chevy Express 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 105, 00 miles

hello and thank you very much for this service. I have attempted to remove the drivers side rear rotor as there is a chirping noise when turning right and vehicle is leaning tothe left. I have taken the wheel calipers and mounting bracket off but cannot budge the rotors on either side of the vehicle. I suspect the noise has something to do with the parking break so I want to take a look. I have tried tapping on them with a hammer but did not want to hit too hard.

any suggestions?

ps break pads have been replced

Jack42

June, 18, 2010 AT 8:16 AM

Sometimes teh flange will get rusted abit adn you will have to hit it fairly hard to shock them off the axle end. If you can turn thewheels, odds are that it isnt the-brake shoes holding it on. Does it come part way off and stop or is it stuck straight to the axle? Hit is between the wheel studs so as not to damage the braking surface

LARRY GAUDETTE

June, 19, 2010 AT 6:43 AM

I have disk breaks in rear. The disk is stuck solidly on the axil end. Have hit it very hard won't move at all. Tried both rear wheels. Do you think it's the parking break shoes inside that are holing it on?

Jack42

June, 20, 2010 AT 6:27 PM

Not if it wont budge off the axle at all. If it moves off the axle a little then stops it may be the shoes. What size hammer are you using? Where are you hitting it?

Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement Honda Element
Front Pad-Rotor Replacement Subaru Legacy
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pads and Rotor Replacement Ford
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Mini Cooper
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front