CHEVY TICKING WHEN ATTEMPTING TO START, WONT

2000 Chevrolet Corvette

daledog210

November, 23, 2008 AT 3:35 PM

2000 Chevy Corvette V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 36, xxx miles

While cleaning car I hit windshiled wiper switch. After striking switch the bass disappeared from the readio. I noticed that the radio appeared week, and the headlights would nt go up. I tried to start car, and only heard a ticking noise. A weird sound was also heard over by the fuse box on passenger floor board. Let me know what you think.

James W.

November, 23, 2008 AT 3:55 PM

This may sound like a stupid question, but is the battery dead? Also, have you checked all the fuses? I can't imagine what could have happened by just hitting the wiper switch. Can you give us a little more info? Please advise.

daledog210

November, 23, 2008 AT 6:36 PM

I was going to install an ipod player, but changed mind today. Took armrest off, and had all items unplugged to remove traction control cover. I changed mind b/c appeared to be to much crap to do, and dont have time. So hooked everything back up, and put everything back. After doing that I was wiping down the inside of the car, and hit the windshield wiper arm. Then I noticed the bass went off on the radio, and then noticed that the power appeared to be different. I attempted to start car, but heard ticking noise when attempting to start. Also thought I heard a ticking noise near fuse box. There is small metal box next to fuse box, and dont know what that is exactly. Could not tell where ticking was coming from. Also had the door open chimes sounding when had key out of ignition, and door shut? Weird, I unhooked the battery, and re hooked. After hooking back up the power appeared to be good. But when attempting to start again the same things occurred as listed above. Got any answers for the problems?

daledog210

November, 23, 2008 AT 6:38 PM

Also if fuse which one would cause these problems? If one fuse went out, its hard to believe that much stuff would happen.

James W.

November, 24, 2008 AT 10:25 AM

At this point I think you should re-check the connections in the console looking for bent pins or bad connections. A lot of your control systems will come together in this area. I can't see where hitting the wiper switch would cause the problems you describe.

Oil Change/Filter Replacement Hyundai Sonata
Engine Oil Change and Filter Chevrolet
Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Engine Oil Change and Filter GMC Sierra
Engine Oil Change and Filter Mini Cooper