TIMING HELP?

Chevrolet Corsica

w3b_designz

July, 6, 2007 AT 5:24 PM

I have a 1990 Chevolet Corsica 3.1L v6 that has 119,000 miles and was wondering how to check and set the timing on it. I have a timing light I just have never used it before thanks ahead of time : )

jewelllsss

July, 6, 2007 AT 5:44 PM

There is a sticker on the vehicle (the one that tells the year and engine size under the hood) that has the timing information on it. It will tell you what you should set the timing to and also which wire you need to disconnect to 'retard' the engine. When you have done this the number markings are on the harmonic balancer, the very bottom pulley of the motor. Hook the clips up to the battery and the clip with the hole in it around the cylinder number one wire. Then aim the gun at the numbers and it will tell you where it is timed. To change the timing you need to loosen the bolt holding the distributor and rotate it until the timing is correct.

Blend Door Actuator Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement