1992 Chevy Corsica Engine stop Working

SKULLYJ
  • 1992 CHEVROLET CORSICA
1992 Chevy Corsica 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

I'vehad this car in 3 different shops not including the Chevrolet dealer It come back run for a day or so and have the same problem. The fuel pump was replaced 4 times still the same problem. The engine run good when it's running. Tune up was done summer of 2008 but the car have'nt moved 5 miles since the tune up. How to check the EGR there is no vacuum line going to it.
Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 1:44 PM

Hi kullyj and TY for the donation

How to check the EGR there is no vacuum line going to it. Its a electronic linear positioning sensor-you have to open it up they carboned up easily
Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 2:00 PM
SKULLYJ
I took the EGR off cleaned it off as much as I could I evan bought a new gasket.
Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 2:34 PM
92 Chevy Corsica Engine stop Working

What exactly is it doing now? Does it cranks over and will not start or just won't crank at all/nothing
-1
Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 2:38 PM
SKULLYJ
After sitting up for a while, it will crank up run very well for about 15 to 30 minutes shut off crank, run for 2 minutes shut off won't crank again for about a day after I diconnect the negative battery cable. Thanks
Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 3:24 PM
Next time it shuts off-don't wait for nothing do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, cap and rotor /distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, ECM, Ignitor camshaft and crankshaft sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Friday, October 30th, 2009 AT 7:07 PM