1995 CHEVY COSICA ERG VALVE

• Kevin j717
  • 1995 Chevrolet Corsica
  • automatic

When driving on the highway, reaching 60mph, then dropping down to 50mph the sevice engine light comes on. I had the codes checked and the recomendation was to change the ERG valve. The valve was changed, the same light comes back on at the same speeds, with the same code. No noticeble change in the engine. It is an electronic valve, no vacume hose. The car has 150,000 miles We should I look for next?

Wednesday, May 4th, 2011 AT 8:10 PM

• JDL

No driveability issues? What was the actual code/s?

Wednesday, May 4th, 2011 AT 9:01 PM
  • Kevin j717

The code is 77egr selinoid 3. The engine runs the same wether the light is on or not.

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 AT 7:56 PM
  • JDL

Your saying, there are no driveability issues other than the lite? You need to use a scanner that shows live engine data and has freeze frame. The freeze frame may show what was going on when the problem occured. Egr passages all clean? I can't do much from here. Intermittent issues can be a pain to track.

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 AT 8:35 PM
  • JDL

You can take connector loose from egr and computer. Use a testlite to check for ground, with everything turned off. Shouldn't be any ground, unless wiring circuit is shorted. Terminals A--B--C ARE GROUNDS. Termi nal D is voltage with the key on.

Wednesday, May 11th, 2011 AT 9:16 PM