Doors unlocking and locking

AB58010
  • 2006 CHEVROLET COBALT
Electrical problem 4 cyl Automatic 80000 miles

My car doors are not locking, the switches don't work and while I'm driving they are going up and down, when I bought the car I did not have a remote, I didn't know if that was the problem.

The last issue, sometimes when I turn on my car, it feels like it doesn't want to start.
Saturday, March 20th, 2010 AT 7:33 PM

BRIAN 1
It has been reported that an issue exists that will cause the door locks to cycle when driving and/or become inoperative from the door lock switches. When the condition is present the door locks are inoperative from the switches, however they work normally with the key fobs. (If equipped with Remote keyless Entry). It is recommended that you connect the Tech-2 to the vehicle and look at the door lock switch status (RFA data-list) it should be reading "Idle". If it reads lock or unlock then check for a possible sticking door lock switch and replace as necessary. Follow this first
-1
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 9:28 AM
AB58010
Thank you for replying, I'm not really familiar with cars so I don't know what exactly the tech 2 is, I don't have a remote, so should I go buy one?
-1
Sunday, March 21st, 2010 AT 6:32 PM
BRIAN 1
The tech 2 is a scan tool that is used at the GM dealer to scan for codes and see important data. You need the tech 2 to see which door lock switch is stuck. You dont have to buy a remote, the remote is not the problem. You might have to go to the dealer and have it diagnosed.
Monday, March 22nd, 2010 AT 5:52 PM
AB58010
Thanks, I'm going to go get it checked out
Tuesday, March 23rd, 2010 AT 3:29 PM
TRIXERS

I am having the same problem with my car door locks. I was just wondering if you got this fixed on your car? What did they say it was. Was it fixable? Expensive?
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 10:47 AM
AB58010
They said it was the door switch, I got it fixed at my dealer ship for about $100 labor and part.
Monday, April 5th, 2010 AT 1:06 PM
TASHA CAMILLE WHITE
Hey! I m having isn t same issues with my doors except my car blinkers start flashing. Seems to have trouble shifting. Relays are clicking under my dash. Could this be connected to the car lock issue? It s sporadic. Doesn t happen every time I m in drive. I could drive it for several days no issue (tho the doors still won t lock alarm sets tho) but then it ll freak out again. Any ideas? I ve checked my battery and alternator both read good. No codes currently tho I did have a system too lean code around the time this started. I ve changed the spark plugs, oil, and fuel filter as well.
Wednesday, December 6th, 2017 AT 8:08 AM
KEN
Your problem sounds like it could be a big or little problem (great right?). The little problem would be like a loose or corroded battery terminal. For that fix here is a guide to help you.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/everything-goes-dead-when-engine-is-cranked

If that checks out the BCM controls the items you have mentioned which makes me think the BCM is going bad.

Here is its location (Below) you will need a shop or dealer to program it for you.

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers, Ken
Friday, December 8th, 2017 AT 5:48 PM