DOOR LOCKS GOING CRAZY

2008 Chevrolet Cobalt

m.j.c.

September, 21, 2012 AT 7:52 PM

I have a 2008 Cobalt. The power door locks will not work with the door buttons or the fob. If unlocked when shifting into drive they will lock, when put into park the drivers side will unlock not the passenger side. The locks will sporadically lock and unlock on there own even though I pulled the door lock fuse. Is there a solenoid between the shifter and the BCM? I also think that the actuator on the passenger side may be bad since it doesn't unlock like the drivers side when put in park?

Door Locks

Door Locks Are Not Working

September, 21, 2012 AT 8:20 PM

The door locks are linked to the Body Control Module and this is what you should be looking at.

m.j.c.

October, 23, 2012 AT 3:33 AM

Does the BCM need to be programed after install, or if order by the same part# will it already be programed?

October, 23, 2012 AT 6:00 PM

Yes, a new BCM has to be programmed.

m.j.c.

October, 24, 2012 AT 9:02 PM

Thank you
Do they need it in the car or can I get it programed then install it?

October, 25, 2012 AT 12:53 PM

It has to be programmed in-vehicle.

m.j.c.

July, 2, 2013 AT 8:18 PM

I figure out what was wrong. The passenger side lock switch was shorting out. I replaced the switch actually I replaced both and the locks are normal now. I have to figure out why the fob doesn't work for the locks now. The panic and trunk button works fine.

July, 3, 2013 AT 6:12 AM

Since the panic and trunk buttons are working correctly, I believe the button for arming/disarming is bad.

m.j.c.

July, 5, 2013 AT 4:44 PM

Khlow2008 you are right. I used one of the other buttons and it locked and unlocked. Thanks.

July, 6, 2013 AT 12:30 PM

You're welcome.

Have a great weekend.

Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Wiper Blade Replacement Chevrolet Camaro
Headlight Bulb Replacement Volkswagen Jetta
Instrument Cluster Replacement GMC Yukon
Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML