WINDSHEILD WIPER PROBLEM

Chevrolet Cheyenne

Bill8

March, 10, 2007 AT 9:39 AM

I have a 1998 Cheyenne with a little over 150,000 miles and a vortex v-6. After the last ice storm we had my wipers only work on high. The intermittent and low speeds do not work anymore. Any information you could give me will be greatly appreciated.

CHEVYII

March, 10, 2007 AT 9:53 AM

This could be several things, first if you have some tools and are willing to dive in, the wiper motor is under the hood and the cover has three bolts in it, pull the cover off and you will see a printed circuit board, check it closely for and burned spots and let me knwo

Bill8

March, 10, 2007 AT 11:09 AM

Thanks, I pulled the cover off and it appear that there was a connection that had a small round piece of plastic covering it that has been bent and the plastic covering has been broke.

CHEVYII

March, 10, 2007 AT 11:23 AM

Thought might be it, you can but the printed circuit, board alone without the motor

good luck

Bill8

March, 10, 2007 AT 12:02 PM

I pulled the circuit board out and found a replacement wiper pulse board online that looks just like it. Could I replace just this board?

CHEVYII

March, 10, 2007 AT 12:04 PM

Yup, no need for the rest of it, there was a recall a while back and we were doing like 50-60 per day, it should take care of your problem, but I would try to get dealer parts, much more reliable and if it fails you can return it easily

Bill8

March, 10, 2007 AT 12:23 PM

Thanks, I will pickup the replacement wiper pulse board an replace it. You have been a great help. Thank you.

CHEVYII

March, 10, 2007 AT 12:46 PM

No problem

chevy19981500

May, 25, 2007 AT 11:20 AM

I need some help pls

Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Ford F-250
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Acura TL
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Volkswagen
Windshield Wiper Replacement Kia Sportage
Windshield Wiper Replacement Mercedes Benz ML