WINDSHEILD WIPER PROBLEM

• Bill8
  • Chevrolet Cheyenne

I have a 1998 Cheyenne with a little over 150,000 miles and a vortex v-6. After the last ice storm we had my wipers only work on high. The intermittent and low speeds do not work anymore. Any information you could give me will be greatly appreciated.

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 9:39 AM

• CHEVYII

This could be several things, first if you have some tools and are willing to dive in, the wiper motor is under the hood and the cover has three bolts in it, pull the cover off and you will see a printed circuit board, check it closely for and burned spots and let me knwo

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 9:53 AM
  • Bill8

Thanks, I pulled the cover off and it appear that there was a connection that had a small round piece of plastic covering it that has been bent and the plastic covering has been broke.

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 11:09 AM
  • CHEVYII

Thought might be it, you can but the printed circuit, board alone without the motor

good luck

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 11:23 AM
  • Bill8

I pulled the circuit board out and found a replacement wiper pulse board online that looks just like it. Could I replace just this board?

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 12:02 PM
  • CHEVYII

Yup, no need for the rest of it, there was a recall a while back and we were doing like 50-60 per day, it should take care of your problem, but I would try to get dealer parts, much more reliable and if it fails you can return it easily

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 12:04 PM
  • Bill8

Thanks, I will pickup the replacement wiper pulse board an replace it. You have been a great help. Thank you.

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 12:23 PM
  • CHEVYII

No problem

Saturday, March 10th, 2007 AT 12:46 PM
  • chevy19981500

I need some help pls

Friday, May 25th, 2007 AT 11:20 AM