CHEVY POSSIBLE OIL PRESSURE SWITCH TROUBLE?

1993 Chevrolet Cheyenne

rhvacr

August, 2, 2010 AT 7:30 PM

1993 Chevy Cheyenne V8 Two Wheel Drive Automatic 180000 miles

Engine starts and runs a few seconds and dies. I started it and gunned it and it ran as long as I gunned, then drove a bit. Killed it and back to running a few seconds. After warm, sometimes won't start. Sit a while and back to start and dies after a few seconds, New fuel pump, filter, coil. Oil Switch? How do I test oil switch JR

August, 3, 2010 AT 11:03 AM

If you think it is a fuel issue, use a gage and check fuel pressure. Some of the national brand auto stores used to loan out a fuel pressure gage, if you don't have one. As far as the oil pressure switch in the fuel pump circuit, that is a redundant power supply to the pump. As long as the fuel pump relay and circuits are functional, rpm signal present, engine cranking, the pump should run regardless of o/p switch. At the fuel pump connector, the gray wire is voltage for fuel pump motor. Any applicable trouble codes. You should be able to check mil codes, yourself.

Engine Oil Change and Filter Jeep Wrangler
Air Filter Replacement
Engine Oil Change and Filter Honda CR-V