DIES AT STOPS.

Chevrolet Cavalier

holmgirl

August, 8, 2007 AT 5:34 PM

My '94 Cavalier is an auto and runs fine while driving cold. Once it heats up, when I come to stop it's still running fine, but when I take my foot of the brake and push on the gas it jerks like when you let the clutch out too fast and dies. If I let it sit and cool down it will drive fine again, until it warms up again. What would do this?

Clutch Problems

Clutch Help!

Jack42

August, 14, 2007 AT 7:58 AM

Need to take care of basics first. Has it been tuned up lately? Is the check engine light on? Does it run rough at any other time?

holmgirl

August, 17, 2007 AT 10:10 AM

It only has issues when the engine heats up and then come to a stop. It idles fine while stopped, but when I push on the gas it jerks back and forth and dies, like a clutch transmission. The check engine light comes on after it dies, and it hasn't been tuned up for about 5,000 miles.

Jack42

August, 17, 2007 AT 2:52 PM

Check engine light on when it is running?

holmgirl

August, 17, 2007 AT 3:47 PM

No it isn't on while running

Jack42

August, 18, 2007 AT 7:27 AM

It might need to go on a scanner to watch a few of the sensors work to see if something is going out of range when it heats up. Have the fuel pressure checked.

Clutch/Flywheel/Rear Main Seal Replacement
Pulling an Auto Trans? Easy Instructions