AC FAN BLOWER

Chevrolet Cavalier

berg

August, 23, 2007 AT 12:26 AM

Hi, 1996 Cavalier, Automatic( 3 speed), 90K miles
The AC fan hardly blows on the first and 2nd setting, but works well on the 3rd and 4th seting
Where is the fan located and how do I replace it.
Thank you.

August, 23, 2007 AT 4:41 AM

Your blower motor is doing fine its probably the resistor between the control switch and the motor

The blower motor is on the right side of dash and the resistor is at the evaporator case under the right side of dash.

Lyn

October, 29, 2007 AT 12:46 PM

I read a posting regarding the blower fan on a 1996 Cavalier (Aug 2007) & the answer they gave was that the blower was fine but it was possibly the resistor. What is the resistor? Is it possible to replace the resistor? What would be the cost?

Thank you.

Lyn 8)

October, 29, 2007 AT 2:08 PM

The blower motor resistor increases and decreases resistances to control the speed of the motor.

Yes if its bad it can be replace. Have this 2 check-The blower motor relay is in the engine compartment fuse/relay center. The blower motor resistor is at the evaporator case under the right side of dash.

Dunno the cost but the labor will be 0.7 about 45mins.

Change Your Blower Fan Motor Like a Pro
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911