2002 Chevy Cavalier Clutch Problems

ARMBRUST43
  • 2002 CHEVROLET CAVALIER
I just got a 2002 Cavalier 2.2 litre 5 speed the clutch is not working and it seems to be a different problem than everyone else is having. I have bled the clutch many times and it works for about 5 minutes and then it gets air in the system and the pedal sticks to the floor the thing that is confusing me is that it doesnt loose fluid the only time the fluid goes down is when I bleed the system so it is just sucking air and not leaking fluid I dont know what would cause this because I am not real familier with hydraulic clutch systems like these so any information would be appreciated thank you for your time
Tuesday, January 26th, 2010 AT 6:33 PM

ROYE
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM AS ARMBRUST43. FLUID LEVEL DOESNT DROP BUT AIR IS GETTING INTO SYSTEM.I HAVE USED A PRESSURE BLEEDER TO BLEED SYSTEM. BUT OVER A COUPLE OF WEEKS AIR WILL GET BACK INTO SYSTEM.
-1
Wednesday, January 18th, 2012 AT 7:59 PM
CHELSEY
Same problem. Petal to the floor. Mine is that the master and slave cylinders need to be replaced.
Sunday, February 19th, 2012 AT 8:44 PM
Sounds like the clutch master cylinder is leaking internally if there's no external leak
+1
Sunday, February 19th, 2012 AT 8:52 PM