1997 CHEVY CAVALIER LEAKS

• woods1992
  • 1997 Chevrolet Cavalier

Interior problem
1997 Chevy Cavalier 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

When it rains the water comes in from my back window its a convertible. LIke you dont see it coming in but it all goes to the floor of the car. Its opened up where the back window is. Is there anything I can get to fix it with?

Saturday, March 27th, 2010 AT 3:39 PM

• hmac300

There isn't much you can do except take it to an upholstery shop and they may have an answer for you. Bu don't be surprised if you hve to have teh top replaced.

Saturday, March 27th, 2010 AT 6:26 PM
  • woods1992

There is no like molding kit I can get or something and do you no home much a new top would go for anyways?

Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 AT 3:30 PM
  • hmac300

I don'tl know of any moulding that would go around the window. That's why you should go by an upholstery shop where they install tops and they may have or know of soemthing to fix your problem.

Tuesday, March 30th, 2010 AT 5:03 PM
  • chuckcxr

Whenever you buy a convertible, it should be understood, that eventually you will h]ave to replace the top. They dont last forever, they get foggy, faded, and eventually leak. They dont intend for them to last, its a good money maker to sell you a new one. (High end cars sometimes being the exception like with BMW's)

Most likely your going to have to get the top replaced. If you're lucky it could just be something loose that needs to be tightened. I wouldn't recommend trying to half a** it though, you might end up making it more trouble for yourself. If you do decide to get the top replaced shop around for prices, some places jack the price up alot more then others for convertible tops. Also they should have some sort of guarantee with the installation.

Friday, April 2nd, 2010 AT 1:33 AM