CHEVY NO AIR FLOW COMING FROM MY VENTS

1998 Chevrolet Camaro

boseyjr

April, 17, 2009 AT 4:13 PM

Air Conditioning problem
1998 Chevy Camaro 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Manual 108110 miles

I have no Air Flow Coming from my Vents. I have remove and cleaned the fan blower motor and the surrounding vents of leaves and debris, but still no air flow. I need to know if 1998 Chevy Camaro has an air cabin filter or hepa filter, and if so the location of the filter housing and how to remove the air cabin filter and inspect / replace if needed.

Touch Screen Issues

James W.

April, 17, 2009 AT 8:24 PM

I look up your Camaro and there was no filter used in the '98s. Do you not have any airflow at " all", or only out the defrosters?
Are your dampers on the heater box moving when you change modes?
This mat sound crazy, but do you live in an area that has " cottonwood" trees? Please advise.

boseyjr

April, 18, 2009 AT 12:10 PM

The fan blower works fine, but no air flow comes out of the console fronts vents, just thru the floor and defrost vents only.

I do live near cottonwood trees. I had to clean out a ton of leaves from both the fan blower and physically reach into the surrounding vents with my hand. I feel more leaves could be blocking that part of the console vents.

I could not find the dampers for my heater box to see if they are moving when I switch modes. I was told The doors are usually located behind the right side of the dash and one possibly two on the left side of the dash. I usually could hear the dampers when I am switching modes, and now I cannot so they made not be working.

James W.

April, 18, 2009 AT 9:09 PM

If you had that many leaves in the vents, particles may have worked their way down and plugged the heater/ac core. You should have vacuum operated valves the switch the modes in your air flow system. These should be visible on the outside of the heater box. Make sure these are working, if not, you may have a bad selector control

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248092_camaro_2.jpg

bikerboy3

July, 29, 2014 AT 10:51 AM

Can you provide a larger version of this?

Cabin Air Filter Replacement Chevrolet Tahoe
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Porsche 911
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Honda Civic
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement Saturn Vue
Cabin Air Filter Replacement
Cabin Air Filter Replacement