98 BLAZER STARTING ISSUE

• spsucj
  • 1998 Chevrolet Blazer

Has around 130,000 miles; v6, 4WD

When it starts the engine turns over, but as soon as it nears 1000 rpms it winds down and dies. I've gone to an auto parts store and had it diagnosed and they said there was something wrong with the Starter Solenoid.

Does this sound right?

Thanks.

Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 5:38 PM

• Cly

Is there anymore information you can give us. How did you get it to the parts store if it didn't run? I dought that it is a starter problem. Give me some more info and I will try and help.

Cly

Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 6:10 PM
  • spsucj

Oh, sorry.

It's very sporadic: sometimes it'll start and run and sometimes it'll start and then die (like I described).

Normally I'll go try and start it and if it doesn't stay running, I'll wait 20 minutes and then it'll work.

Maybe that helps?

Friday, August 3rd, 2007 AT 6:58 PM
  • rasmataz

There's nothing wrong with the starter solenoid-it has to do with fuel and ignition. Try the fuel system it comes before the ignition.

Good Luck!

Saturday, August 4th, 2007 AT 12:06 AM