NOT STARTING CHEVY , S1,, 109K MILES, V6

1998 Chevrolet Blazer

cdorset

April, 12, 2007 AT 4:39 AM

Last year my car would not start, 5 months ago. I called AAA, they came to give me a jump and it would not budge. Had the car towed to the mechanic, lights were working, radio, just no turning over.

When it got to the mechanic, he cranked it to get it moved from outside to the diagnostic table and it started fine. He could not get it to not start again. He ran diagnostic, all was working fine. No problems. After having it for a week, he changed all the plugs, old wires and gave it a tune up. He thinks it was the alarm system but the deal is I never used the alarm when I got the car, the push botton gadget never worked and I simply took the battery out and tossed it.

I would hate to continue putting money into this truck w out knowing what is really wrong w it. IT did not start again today, and I'dhave to have it towed again. Lights, music and everything inside the car is on. Just would not click over.

Could it be the alternator, switch or something else?
I had the themostat and 4WD switch replaced last year, don't know if that is correlated.

April, 12, 2007 AT 5:28 AM

Maybe your security guard got activated and preventing the engine from starting further troubleshooting on that area is needed.

As for the alty you cannot tell whether its good or bad till you get it to fire-up and load test it.

Q- does the engine turn over or turns over and will not start get me unconfuse.[/Quote: ca24df85c7]

cdorset

April, 12, 2007 AT 9:02 AM

Idon't hear anything from the engine. Just a click click when I try to start. The breaks lock up. And all the lights on the panel works. Just nothing. I just had the car towed to the mechanic. AAA once again could not jump start the car. He said the last time he went below played w the starter wire and the car just fired up. He says it is'nt the alternator because the car would have started at the jump. And he checked that the last time and it was good.

This car is a mystery. Really!

April, 12, 2007 AT 9:23 AM

Could be the ignition switch/neutral safety switch/starter relay/or starter itself and perhaps a loose connection down there @ the starter.

cdorset

April, 12, 2007 AT 4:31 PM

Just got a call from the mechanic he said it was a bad starter.

Thanks for the help!

Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Pressure Test