2001 CHEVY BLAZER WHITE EXHAUST, SMELLS LIKE FUEL

• ndfi13
  • 2001 Chevrolet Blazer

Smells problem
2001 Chevy Blazer 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 141000 miles

My truck would turn over but not start. Replaced fuel filter, now will start but dies if let off gas pedal and exhaust is white and smells like gasoline. Need serious help(wife's truck) Thanx.

Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 8:35 PM

• obxautomedic

The white smoke/steam is usually a good indication of a blown head gasket.

Pull the plugs and inspect for water/coolant on them.

.

Saturday, August 8th, 2009 AT 9:46 PM
  • ndfi13

Changed 5 of 6 s/p and no water or coolant. Will change 6th once I figure out how to get around steerind rod. All plugs were fouled. Starts a little easier but idles rough and still have smoke and gas at exhaust. Any ideas are appreciated.

Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 8:38 PM
  • obxautomedic

Ok, once last plug is changed and checked we'll go from there.

Were the plugs fuel fouled? If fuel fouled could be leaky injectors, bad fuel pressure regulator or weak fuel pump.

.

Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 8:45 PM
  • ndfi13

Plugs all fuel fouled and black. I was leaning to FPR, but not a mech. And everyone thought I was insane. Will replace last plug during daylight(have to lift steering rod). Will keep u posted. Also having a mobile diagnostic coming tom.

Sunday, August 9th, 2009 AT 11:18 PM
  • ndfi13

Tech came, ran full diag. Fuel sys. And all, and said #5 and #6 injectors stuck wide open and over fueling. That was the only codes showing. Replaced injectors and still have same problem, gas in exhaust and stalling. Is it possible pcm is shot?

Tuesday, August 11th, 2009 AT 8:14 PM
  • obxautomedic

Well, I was thinking more the Cat than the PCM. With all the unburned fuel going through it and it I'm sure has overheated, that it is clugged.

You can somewhat check it by removing the O2 Sensors before the Cat and see what happens. If it runs fine then you know it the Cat.

.

Thursday, August 13th, 2009 AT 9:18 PM